I wanted to start this from the beginning. It is now time !! I wish to
compare what kind of scanner we use to do our scanns. Here under you will find
a list of questions I would like you to answer.
An example of the differences between scanners. I scanned this insect (lucanus
cervus) with 2 different scanners and you can see the result is very different
This one is with the Quato X-finity and covered with white paper. Not much
depth of field but a good color depth.
This one is with the Epson 1670. Greater depth of field ! But I reworked the
colors and contrast on that one…
Here is the questionnary in 16 points :
Please copy the questions and answer them on a mail
1. How many scanners do you own ?
2, What trademark and what model is it ?
3. What is the maximum resolution of it per inch (dpi) without interpolation
4. Is it enough for your scannography works ?
5. Do you know how much depth of field it has ?
6. Do you know what color depth it has ?
7. Is it a 3-pass or 1-pass scanner ?
8. Is it CCD or CIS ?
9. Do you use it unconventially (like not letting it on a flat surface,
taking it outdoor…) ?
10. Do you use external light to enhance your scanning ?
11. Are you protecting the glass when scanning objects ?
12. How do you clean the glass ?
13. Do you rework your scanns or do you use the image as it comes out once
14. What software do you use to rework your images ?
15. What kind of computer to do you use ?
16. Is there anything specific you want to add about your material ?